Mylilcorner

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

3-D Spring Scene

Wow.... it's been awhile since I blogged here.  I did some crafts since then and I did a recycle project which  it was really cute.  I had myriad of toilet paper rolls (I loathe that term) laying around the house because I was going to do some crafts......one day or another.  I did a cute Spring scene with flattened tp rolls.  I posted the directions in case anyone wanted to know.  I hope you like it.

1. Glue any colored construction paper onto cardboard. The standard size is 8.5 x 11 but I used a piece of cardboard larger so I had to cut another piece of paper.

2. Make grass with green construction paper all across the bottom and used the scissors to cut fringe about 1 cm intervals but dont cut all the way, leave a little to make the fringe.

3. I used a greeting card for my template and you can use any picture for your guide. I flattened toilet paper rolls and measured 1 cm intervals and with a pencil and ruler made lines till I came to the end of the rolls.
4. With your scissors, cut the lines you drew and you will end up about 10 or more strips.

5. You will have to cut strips in half for some of the pieces of the scene. Some you will have to curl, bend, coil, depends on the scene you are working with. If you look at the bird I made, that was very intricate, I made little oval for body and shaped it somewhat. I shaped a piece to make the beak, a circle for the head, I feathered the tail. I colored the belly to make it look like a robin.





No comments:

Post a Comment