Mylilcorner

Friday, May 6, 2011

Colorful Mosaic Vase





 I am so happy with this craft I did last week.  I needed something on my counter after I took down my Easter centerpiece and certainly needed the spring colors also.  Because of the fact I am into recycling I keep materials such as cardboard, plastic containers and such under my cabinets.  I am so lucky I had those Topicana orange juice bottles because I loved the shape of them and used one for the mosaic vase.  I got busy one morning cutting up several sheets of pastel paper in different shapes and sizes.  I had my Mod Podge and small stones that I weighed down the plastic bottle.  I layed down some newspaper and layed down the pieces of paper.   Working with one side at a time, I spread the Mod Podge, layed the pieces of paper in random order until the side is covered.  Go over with another layer of Mod Podge.

I continued with the same pattern on all sides with the paper and the Mod Podge. When all sides are covered with the Mod Podge, let the vase dry.  Put colorful silk flowers into the vase.  Everyday I look at it and I am so thrilled that I did that and I look at it for a long time.  I can change the flowers at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment