Mylilcorner

Friday, May 25, 2012

My Spice Rack


1.  These were all sides of corrugated boxes, cut to size of spice rack. I measured the front flaps to hold spices and back sides as well.  I added another flap to put in between the lower and upper spices so I could have two tiers of spices. 


2.   I sponge-painted the flaps red to match my kitchen.  I  glued a strip of brown construction paper and wrote down the names of the spices on the bottom and one for the top spices.  


3.  When all the flaps are dry, start hot glueing all the sides really good.  You will need to gauge where you need to put the inside flap so you need to put the tall spices on the bottom and lay the flap down for the right fit.  Then glue the flap at the sides of the rack and take away the spices.  The top layer is for upper spices.

4.  With red construction paper I made a scalloped edge to the eaves and each of the sides of the spice rack.  For the chimney, I cut pieces of corrugated and hot glued to the chimney.





No comments:

Post a Comment